Tuesday, December 20, 2005

YACB Bulletins

ITEM! Lots of interesting things to be found in reading over Comixpedia's List of 25 People in Webcomics for 2005 (link via Tom), including that Svetlana Chmakova's CosmoGirl manga strip is available online; Andrew Ford and Michael Kelleher's Rib is now being published online via 01comics; and both Finder and Girl Genius have seen their trade sales increase significantly since going to online-only for their serial publication.

ITEM! Shawn Hoke, who writes the very good Size Matters mini-comics blog, named YACB as one of his 365 Things I Enjoyed in Comics This Year. Thanks Shawn!

ITEM! I need to read Photon Torpedoes more often. Contributor kidflash has a good rundown of the Levitz-era Dream Girl; and warlock has an appreciation of Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez on Atari Force.

ITEM! Kevin notifies us that Catherine Leamy has a new issue of her Geraniums and Bacon mini out. I reviewed the first two issues back in February, and liked them a lot, so sometime soon I have to PayPal her $2 to get issue #3--and you should too (and get the others while you're at it!)

ITEM! Chris Sims, over at Chris's Invincible Super-Blog, has been spotlighting some fun Christmas-themed comics, including Marvel Two-in-One #8, Marvel Team-Up #127, and Santa Claus in the DC Universe. It makes for fun holiday reading!

ITEM! Less than 5 days left in the Second Annual CBLDF Fund Drive, and I'm still looking for five more people to step up and support the freedom to read, sell and create comics. I don't want to have to beg, but it's getting near crunch time people!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you were going to count non-first-timers this year for the CBLDF drive, so I sent my donation to them by mail about a month ago. I probably won't get any confirmation from them before the end of the year.

Dave Carter said...

Nevin: While your contribution won't be able to count towards my goal, I certainly appreciate your giving earlier this year. Thanks!

Kitty said...

Belated thanks for the linkage!