Friday, August 03, 2007

YAFQ: Final Crisis?

One of the big announcements at CCI last weekend was the creative team for DC's next big crossover, Final Crisis: Grant Morrison & J. G. Jones.

Given that DC's recent Countdown (and to an extent Amazons Attack) have pretty much sucked the momentum of excitement right out of their super-hero line, this creative team might be just the thing to get people interested again. Morrison is extremely popular amongst the super-hero intelligencia, and has shown that he can do big crossovers in the past with DC One Million. Jones is a highly regarded artist of capes; he has a reputation of being a bit slow, but it sounds like they;re giving him plenty of lead time.

So our Friday question to you this week is:

What do you think about DC's upcoming Final Crisis?

Are you looking forward to it, or are you all crossovered out?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Because of all the mega-events and crossovers lately, I've all but stopped reading DC altogether (with the exception of Morrison's Batman and All-Star Superman).

But I am very excited about Final Crisis, for the two obvious reasons of the creative team and the prospect that we'll have a nice, long period of self-contained stories.

But really, couldn't DC just have given Infinite Crisis to Morrison in the first place and let that be that?

Gordon D said...

You know, since I'm taking a brief vacation from mega-crossovers, Final Crisis might just be enough to bring me back.

FoldedSoup said...

Yes. Will read it as it comes out.

A) Love the creative team.

B) Something's gotta wash the taste out of my mouth. And this has the potential to be it.

Bill D. said...

The creative team means I'll read the eventual collection, but for the most part, like KrissKross (jump! jump!) before me, I'm totally crossed out.

Nik said...

I'm totally cross overed out, but...Grant Morrison, who does no wrong in my book, and Jones, who is one of the best artists out there. It's GOT to be better than the mishmash that was Infinite Crisis, right?

RedheadFangirl said...

I love the phrase super-hero intelligencia. Will have to use that.

I didn't understand half of Infinite Crisis, but still read it. Since I'm saving the weekly money by not buying Countdown, I guess I'll read Final Crisis.