Friday, July 18, 2008

Shameless Friend Promotion: Jim O @ ComicCon

Pal Jim Ottaviani sends along the following:
Hello all,

I will be a guest of the Comic-Con this year, which is a wonderful honor. That means that I won't be in the Independent Publishers area (where I've been for the last 8 years or so). Please do visit me in this year's special location:
Artist's Alley, AA-13

I'm also on two panels this time around, the first of which is sure to be interesting!
Saturday, 4:30-5:30, Room 4
The Story of an Image

Here's Tom Spurgeon's summary of this: "Killer guest list including [Kim] Deitch and [Jim] Woodring. Also, you can ask Jim Ottaviani, 'Why are you up there with the rest of those giants, Jim?' And he'll totally agree with you." (It's true -- Tom and I had that conversation in Charlotte. I'm baffled and flattered and expect to learn a lot from my betters!)

Sunday, 10:30-11:30, Room 3
Spotlight on Jim Ottaviani

Just as it says. We'll talk about some things I want to talk about, and then talk about some things you want to talk about!

That's it. Safe travels to all who will be at the show -- I look forward to seeing you there. As always, I'll have books to sell, including a limited edition hard cover of the Charles R. Knight autobiography, posters to give away, and a smile on my face and a song in my heart...or something like that.

Special bonus, to those who got this far: If you have a friend who wants to attend the show on Saturday but didn't pre-register, find me before closing time on Friday and I can help you out. First come, first served!

Finally, and as always, if you'd like me to remove you from this list, please reply and I'll take your email address off right away.

Thanks!

Jim

No comments: