Thursday, January 08, 2009

DC Quick Hits

* I haven't read a panel of it, but I think that Superman and Batman vs. Vampires and Werewolves is one of the most awesome titles for a comic ever, because it tells you exactly what to expect: Superman and Batman fighting vampires and werewolves!

* I like that the abbreviation for the "Faces of Evil" quasi-event is 'FOE'.

* Judging by the last page of Justice League of America #28, it looks like the team will finally combat a threat to the Earth. IMHO, the biggest weakness of this title since the relaunch has been that this group of the World's Greatest Super-Heroes has mostly battled internal threats. The JLA should be bigger than that.

* While I thought that the "One World, Under Gog" story from Justice Society ran on way too long, I found the conclusion in issue #22 to be satisfying, especially the fate of Gog and the Ross-illustrated denouement.

2 comments:

snell said...

Very good point about JLoA...aside from the rampant momentum-killing tie-ins, they've really down nothing except feud, fornicate, and face losers who just want to kidnap/kill one of their members...

2manycomics666 said...

I just finished Final Crisis. I feel confused. What happened? I think it's time that Grant Morrison was banned from superhero books. They just don't make any sense. I was like Seven Soldiers all over again.