Yesterday I spoke to Galactic Quest store owner Kyle Puttkammer... and he laid a little comic shop science on me: How can retailers be expected to have a Kid’s Comic Section in their store if Diamond will not put a Kid’s Section in Previews? It is a point I had not considered before…
1. Look for the ‘Kid Friendly’ logo next to items in Previews; order those things.
2. Order Archie stuff.
3. Order One Piece & Naruto.
4. Order Bone collections.
5. Order Diary of a Wimpy Kid books.
6. Order the items listed on School Library Journal’s Best Comics for Kids: http://www.schoollibraryjournal.com/blog/540000654/post/1340051134.html
7. Order the Johnny DC & Marvel Adventures titles.
Rack all of the above together on the shelf. Enjoy sales to kids & their parents!