1 (-). The Walking Dead Compendium Volume 1
2 (+1). The Walking Dead Compendium Volume 2
3 (+9). The Walking Dead vol. 1 (Kindle)
4 (+1). The Third Wheel (Diary of a Wimpy Kid 7) (Kindle)
5 (-1). Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Search, Part 1
6 (+1). The Third Wheel (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Book 7)
7 (-1). Batman Vol. 2: The City of Owls (The New 52) *
8 (R). The Walking Dead, Book 1
9 (+26). The Walking Dead vol. 2 (Kindle)
10 (N). Injustice: Gods Among Us #12 (Kindle)
11 (+2). Dork Diaries 5 (Kindle)
12 (+3). Saga Volume 1
13 (-5). How to Tell If Your Cat Is Plotting to Kill You
14 (R). The Walking Dead vol. 3 (Kindle)
15 (+13). The Walking Dead, Vol. 1: Days Gone Bye
16 (+27). The Walking Dead, Book 2
17 (+2). Darth Vader and Son
18 (-7). Hawkeye, Vol. 1: My Life as a Weapon
19 (-5). The Walking Dead, Vol. 17: Something to Fear
20 (-2). Cabin Fever (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Book 6) (Kindle)
21 (+4). Vader's Little Princess *
22 (-12). Injustice: Gods Among Us #11 (Kindle)
23 (-7). Cabin Fever (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Book 6)
24 (-). Batman Vol. 1: The Court of Owls (The New 52)
25 (+7). Dog Days (Diary of a Wimpy Kid 4) (Kindle)
26 (-). Dork Diaries 4 (Kindle)
27 (-6). Diary of a Wimpy Kid 1 (Kindle)
28 (+1). The Ugly Truth (Diary of a Wimpy Kid 5) (Kindle)
29 (-7). The Walking Dead, Vol. 18: What Comes After *
30 (+4). Injustice: Gods Among Us #1 (Kindle)
31 (+15). The Walking Dead, Vol. 2: Miles Behind Us
32 (-5). Rodrick Rules (Diary of a Wimpy Kid 2) (Kindle)
33 (R). The Walking Dead, Vol. 3: Safety Behind Bars
34 (-25). Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Search, Part 2 *
35 (R). The Walking Dead, Book 3
36 (R). The Walking Dead vol. 4 (Kindle)
37 (-7). The Last Straw (Diary of a Wimpy Kid 3) (Kindle)
38 (-7). Big Nate Makes the Grade (Kindle)
39 (R). The Ugly Truth (Diary of a Wimpy Kid 5)
40 (+8). Watchmen
41 (N). Relish: My Life in the Kitchen
42 (-40). My Dog: The Paradox *
43 (R). Maus I: A Survivor's Tale: My Father Bleeds History
44 (R). The Walking Dead vol. 5 (Kindle)
45 (-25). The Wimpy Kid Do-It-Yourself Book (revised and expanded edition)
46 (+1). Dork Diaries 3 (Kindle)
47 (R). The Walking Dead, Vol. 5: The Best Defense
48 (R). The Walking Dead, Vol. 4: The Heart's Desire
49 (-11). Dog Days (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Book 4)
50 (-33). Sailor Moon 10
Items with asterisks (*) are pre-order items.
N = New listing appearing on list for first time
R = Item returning to the list after having been off for 1 or more weeks
- No surprise to find the first Walking Dead Compendium at the top of the chart this week following the season finale of the television show. Currently at #11 on the overall Amazon book chart, it was all the way up at #2 earlier in the week.
- Dead Watch: Walking Dead collections take the top three spots, five of the top ten, and seventeen slots overall, up eight from last week. It's not quite the overwhelming domination seen after the previous year's season finale, but it's not bad. One major change is that, after the compendia, the format of choice for Amazon buyers is shifting a lot more to Kindle over print. In fact, there are now four different formats/versions available for Walking Dead readers (five if you count the individual comics, or six if you also count the comiXology digital versions of the individual issues).
- Injustice Watch: The twelfth issue of Injustice: Gods Among Us debuts in the top ten, but only three of the issues make the comics chart this week. The weaker performance over the past two weeks is not necessarily a sign of decreased demand, but more likely due to the relative strength of The Walking Dead collections over that period.
- The only other debut this week is Lucy Knisley's graphic memoir Relish: My Life in the Kitchen.
- With only two months until Man of Steel opens at the theaters, there's no sign of Superman on the top fifty charts. A bad sign?
- Diary Watch: The Diary of a Wimpy Kid and Dork Diaries franchises between them take up fifteen of the slots on the chart this week, up one from last week.
- Kindle Watch: Nineteen of the chart positions this week are taken up by Kindle editions, up two from last week.