1 (R). Hyperbole and a Half: Unfortunate Situations, Flawed Coping Mechanisms, Mayhem, and Other Things That Happened *
2 (N). Injustice: Gods Among Us #26 (Kindle)
3 (-2). Dork Diaries 6 (Kindle)
4 (+18). Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Search, Part 2 *
5 (-). Vader's Little Princess
6 (-1). Saga Volume 2
7 (-4). The Walking Dead, Vol. 18: What Comes After
8 (-2). Darth Vader and Son
9 (-2). Dork Diaries 6: Tales from a Not-So-Happy Heartbreaker
10 (+2). The Walking Dead Compendium Volume 1
11 (-9). Injustice: Gods Among Us #25 (Kindle)
12 (-3). The Third Wheel (Diary of a Wimpy Kid 7) (Kindle)
13 (-3). The Third Wheel (Diary of a Wimpy Kid 7)
14 (-3). The Walking Dead Compendium Volume 2
15 (-2). Diary of a Wimpy Kid Book 8 (Kindle) *
16 (N). Super Graphic: A Visual Guide to the Comic Book Universe *
17 (+27). Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero
18 (-). Dork Diaries 5 (Kindle)
19 (+1). Persepolis: The Story of a Childhood
20 (+10). Saga Volume 1
21 (+8). Cabin Fever (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Book 6)
22 (-1). How to Tell If Your Cat Is Plotting to Kill You
23 (-1). Diary of a Wimpy Kid Book 8 *
24 (N). The Cartoon Introduction to Statistics
25 (-8). Cabin Fever (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Book 6) (Kindle)
26 (+7). The Last Straw (Diary of a Wimpy Kid 3) (Kindle)
27 (-9). Diary of a Wimpy Kid 1 (Kindle)
28 (+19). Maus I: A Survivor's Tale: My Father Bleeds History
29 (-6). Dork Diaries 4 (Kindle)
30 (-3). Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
31 (+3). Batman: The Killing Joke, Deluxe Edition
32 (-24). Injustice: Gods Among Us #24 (Kindle)
33 (-14). Superman (2011- ) #1 (Kindle)
34 (R). The Wimpy Kid Do-It-Yourself Book (revised and expanded edition)
35 (+3). The Ugly Truth (Diary of a Wimpy Kid 5) (Kindle)
36 (N). Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Search, Part 3 *
37 (-6). Rodrick Rules (Diary of a Wimpy Kid 2) (Kindle)
38 (R). Marvel Encyclopedia
39 (-). Hawkeye, Vol. 1: My Life as a Weapon
40 (R). Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Search, Part 1
41 (R). Big Nate: Game On!
42 (N). Hyperbole and a Half (Kindle) *
43 (-11). Dork Diaries 1 (Kindle)
44 (-29). Batman Vol. 2: The City of Owls (The New 52)
45 (R). Big Nate: I Smell a Pop Quiz! (Kindle)
46 (-). Batman: Year One
47 (R). The Ugly Truth (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Book 5)
48 (N). Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief: The Graphic Novel
49 (R). The Complete Persepolis
50 (N). Symposium #1: A SideQuest Comic (Kindle)
Items with asterisks (*) are pre-order items.
N = New listing appearing on list for first time
R = Item returning to the list after having been off for 1 or more weeks
- Allie Brosh's Hyperbole and a Half collection debuted at #1 back on May 10, then promptly disappeared from the chart the following week. Now it's back, once again at #1 (and #25 on the overall Amazon sales chart). I suspect some strange behind the scenes re-categorization on Amazon's part is the cause of this behavior, rather than sudden bursts of demand from consumers. The Kindle edition also shows up on the chart for the first time, down at #42.
- I dithered back-and-forth for a while as to whether or not to include Tim Leong's Super Graphic on the chart. I finally decided that if the Marvel Encyclopedia was going to be on the chart (as it has been off-and-on for several years) then Super Graphic should as well. It debuts at #16 this week as a pre-order (it comes out next week), helped out by media mentions in places like The Los Angeles Times and the New York Post.
- Anticipation is building for the second volume of Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Search, which will be released in a couple of weeks. It moves up into the top 5, the first volume returns at #40, and the third volume (to be released in December) debuts at #36.
- The first offering from Amazon's own Jet City Comics imprint, the first Kindle-only issue of Symposium, sneaks up onto the chart to debut in the #50 position.
- Injustice Watch: There are three issue of Injustice: Gods Among Us on the chart this week, with the newest issue debuting in a typical #2 position.
- Also debuting this week are Grady Klein's The Cartoon Introduction to Statistics at #24 and the paperback version of Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief at #48. For those keeping track at home, that's seven debut titles this week; I don't think that's a record, but it's pretty high.
- Dead Watch: Only three Walking Dead collections make the chart this week, down three from last week. That's the lowest number in quite some time, although those three are all in the top 15.
- Diary Watch: The Diary of a Wimpy Kid and Dork Diaries franchises between them take up seventeen of the slots on the chart this week, down one from last week. There are no Wimpy Kid books in the top ten this week, which is the first time in quite a while that that has been the case. (There are still two Dork Diaries in the top ten.)
- Kindle Watch: Eighteen of the chart positions this week are taken up by Kindle editions, down six from last week.