Tuesday, December 21, 2004

CBLDF Update

An update on my matching funds drive for the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund:

As you may recall, I've pledged to donate $250 to the CBLDF if 10 first-time donors donate $25 to the CBLDF by December 24.

As of this posting, 4 people have taken up the challenge, which means that we still need 6 more first-time donors by Friday to meet our goal. (Or, as they say on my NPR station: *you* and 5 other first-time donors.)


To answer a few questions I've received:

Yes, memberships at the $25 level count the same as $25 donations.

Yes, if less than 10 people donate I'll still match what was donated. (e.g. at this point with 4 donors I'm locked into donating $100--hopefully it will be more!)

Yes, the holiday season isn't the best time for this, but I wanted to get it in before the end of the year for the tax advantages. (Besides, it's the season for giving!)

Yes, if you live in the U.S. and itemize your deductions, you can probably get a tax deduction for your donation. (I say 'probably' because I am neither a lawyer nor an accountant--ask your financial advisor if you are unsure.)


There are just four days left, so let's get to it! (Full details are here.)

1 comment:

Dave Carter said...

Quick update: two more donors have notified me today, bringing the total to six. Just four more to go!