The Grand Prize, as you might expect from the name of the contest, is a selection of 100 Comics. No, I won't tell you what those 100 comics are--that's part of the fun--but trust me when I say that there will be some good stuff in there.
In addition, I'll have additional runners-up prizes of five comics each; for every ten entries I receive, I'll add one runner-up prize package (e.g. if I receive 70 entries, there will be seven runners-up prizes).
So how do you enter? I'm glad you asked!
Simply email me your recommendation of a comic that you think is worthwhile, but that you don't think that very many people have read. What I'd like to do through this contest is give you all the opportunity to share an undiscovered gem with the rest of the comics Intraweb. Thoughout the next week until the end of the contest on the 15th I'll be posting here on YACB the picks that you send me.
Your entry should include:
- Your name (tell me if you wish your name to be used when I post your pick)
- Your address (I won't share your address or your email with anyone!)
- Your pick, with a sentence or brief paragraph describing why you recommend it.
- The phrase '100 Comics' in the subject line
On the evening of August 15th the winners of the Grand Prize of 100 Comics plus the runners-up prizes will be selected at random, and announced here on this blog.
The fine print:
- You must be 18 or older and reside in the United States to enter. (If you are outside the U.S. you can still send your recommendation pick, but you will not be elligible to win a prize.)
- Only one entry per person
- Deadline for entry is 6pm EDT on Tuesday, August 15, 2006.
So go ahead and enter today! (Or tomorrow, or anytime before next Tuesday.)
(You may receive an auto-reply saying that I am out of the office. Be assured that I have received your entry; there is no need to send it again to any other email.)