Thursday, October 25, 2007

NaGraNoWriMo?

Last year I participated in NaNoWriMo--kinda--by starting NaGraNoWriMo (National Graphic Novel Writing Month). The concept was to write the script for a 175-page graphic novel during the month of November. Four people participated, but I believe only one of us was successful (not me--I only got about 30 pages of script written).

I'm considering trying again, though I haven't decided yet. I have a concept in mind, it's just whether or not I'll have the time. But since November is just a week away, I guess I'll have to make up my mind soon...

Anyway, if you're interested in giving it a go, let me know and I'll add you to the group blog so that you can share in the joy.

1 comment:

Seth T. Hahne said...

I'd really like to (I've been wanting to write a sequel to the script I did for last year's NaGraNoWriMo), but looking at my schedule, it's just impossible. Besides a 300-page writing project for work that I have to accomplish in my off-hours, I have family visiting all month, three big art projects, a website to build, and I'm trying to use some of my free hours to learn Chinese brush painting. I'm kicking myself too because around July I was thinking that I should try to keep my responsibilities to a minimum so I could contribute once more.

Ah well. We can plainly see that I should not be in charge of planning responsibilities that I take on.

In other news, I'm sad you only got through thirty pages. your concept sounded fun.