Friday, October 06, 2006

NaGraNoWriMo

Some of you may be familiar with National Novel Writing Month (aka NaNoWriMo), where the goal is to write a 175-page (50K words) novel during the month of November.

I've decided that I'm going to participate this year, but with a twist.

I'm turning it into National Graphic Novel Writing Month. I'm going to try to write the script for a 175-page graphic novel (a la a TokyoPop or Seven Seas OEL manga book) during the month of November.

I've never writen a comic script before, so I'm sure that the final product won't be much good. But hey, who knows?! I'm not even sure yet what it'll be about, although I have a couple of ideas. In any event, it should prove to be challenging and illuminating; and maybe even a little fun!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm with you! I have a hundred ideas for graphic novels but my motivation to actually write them is terrible. I'll be using NaNoWriMo to push myself to finally get something on paper. I guess we won't really be able to "win" according to the official rules of NaNoWriMo, but we will be doing what we really need to get done.

Good luck with your graphic novel!

Dave Carter said...

Cool. That makes two of us--I wonder if we can start a movement?

scissor pirate said...

I'm in. abandonig crappy ass novel number four and starting graphic novel in a moth number one!

scissor pirate said...

obviously, i've been at nanowrimo, causing miraculous amounts of typos, for waaaaaay too long.....