Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Reader Mail

Sometimes we get mail from our readers here at YACB; sometimes I'll share it with you:

Todd Frye from Tennessee writes:
Hello -

When you have time, please visit my site

http://www.comic-covers.com/

and if you like it, I'd appreciate a mention in your
blog.

Thanks.


Consider it mentioned, Todd.


Ray Tomczak wrote in to let me know about an error that creeped into my SNAP! round-up:
I came across your "Yet Another Comics Blog" while running a vanity search on Google. Under other circumstances, I would be thanking you for the mention, but in this case the comic that you attribute to me--Are We On Mars Yet?--is not one of mine. It is in fact the work of Yul Tolbert, who lives not all that far from you (closer than I do, at least) in Detroit.

If my name is on it, it's because Yul was at the time a member of the Small Press Syndicate, a club for small press comics publishers of which I served as chairman from January 2001 to December 2003.

Also, I will soon begin posting my comic strip Wasted Potential on my blog--just as soon as I get the scans back from my friend Joe.


Sorry about that Ray. Thanks for the info--I've made the correction.


Stephen Frug writes to let us know about a unique project he's undertaken:

I've written a comics script, and released it under a creative commons license. What this means is that anyone who wants to can play with it (illustrate it, rewrite it, or whatever), and publish the result non-commercially (so long as I'm given credit, and so long as they release it under the same license). I think this is the first-ever creative commons comics script -- there have been comics before, but not a script, afaik... The info & script downloads are here: http://stephenfrug.googlepages.com/ContinuityIntro.html


So if you're an aspiring comic artist looking for something to draw, Stephan's got a script for you to play with.


Finally, Phil Ward, who was the manager at my former comic shop, The Underworld, back in the days when it wa a great comic & game shop (it is since deceased...) writes to tell me that he's now at Heroquest Comics and Games in Howel Michigan: 2608 East Grand River Ave, Howell MI 48843, 517-540-9790. I haven't been there yet, but Phil ran a good shop back when he was in Ann Arbor, so if you're in Livingston County it might be worth stopping by to check out what they have to offer.


(some letters have been edited for length or clarity)

1 comment:

Stephen said...

Thanks for the link! Much appreciated.

By the way, anyone else who wants to play with it (non-commercially) is welcome to do so too, of course.

Or, if anyone's interested, they could just, y'know, read it. :)

SF