Wednesday, October 25, 2006

One Week to NaGraNoWriMo!

Just one week remaining until I start in on NaGraNoWriMo: National Graphic Novel Writing Month. It's my version of NaNoWriMo, in which I'm going to try to write the script to a 175-page graphic novel during the month of November.

I've pretty much decided on which of my ideas I'm going to attempt, but now I'm getting all nervous about whether or not I'll be able to make it through. I've never written a comic script for anything before, so 175 pages seems like a big task. I'm sure that I'll learn a lot in the process, and in the rules of NaNoWriMo, it doesn't have to be good, it just has to get done!

At least one other person has said that they'll join in as well. Any more takers? Who knows--maybe we can start a new movement!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to start. I'll be writing a graphic novel I've been kicking around for a year already.

In preparation, I've been writing the script for a totally unrelated graphic novel. I figure it'll help to at least be accustomed to writing in the format and getting into the frame of mind needed to tackle NaNoGraWriMo. I work on it during my lunch break.

Maybe we should set up a sort of online community for others attempting to write graphic novels for NaNoWriMo?

Anonymous said...

I'm in (and for the first time too, as well)

Dave Carter said...

I've started a group blog for NaGraNoWriMo at http://nagranowrimo2006.blogspot.com/.

If you'd like to be included as a participant in the blog, email me and I'll add you to the ACL.