Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Stats Week: 2014 - A Year of Reading Comics

Here's a chart showing how many comics I acquired each week, and how many I read each day of 2014:


My comics week starts on Thursday, as that's when the weekly DCBS shipment usually arrives. Each individual item counts as a comic, whether it be a 22 page floppy or a 600+ page graphic novel opus. The 'Roll' column represents the total delta from when I started keeping track (Feb 2009).

Once again this year I counted digital comics in the count in addition to physical comics. While I purchased fewer comics this year than last year (1591 vs. 1683) I read even fewer, leaving me with a sizable 129 comic deficit. I partially blame taking over writing the DC Month-to-Month Sales chart for the Comics Beat, which is a huge time sink each month and takes away from actually reading comics. Also the massive comic book weeding and organizing project.


(Charts for 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013.)

Hey look, graphs!  


No comments: