Tuesday, November 15, 2011

DCnU: Making the Cut

Since my comic store (DCBS) has been offering a package deal on all of the DCnU New 52 titles (50% off if you pre-order them all), for the first four months I've gone ahead with the package. The benefit has been that I've been able to sample all of the titles and blog reviews about them. The downside is that many of the comics aren't terribly good.

So enough is enough. Even though DCBS is continuing to offer the package deal for the fifth month, I'm no longer taking it and just selecting the titles I want to continue reading.

The DCnU titles that I will continue to buy and read after issue #4 are:

  • Action Comics
  • All Star Western
  • Animal Man
  • Aquaman
  • Batgirl
  • Batman
  • Batman and Robin
  • Batwoman
  • Blue Beetle
  • DC Universe Presents
  • Demon Knights
  • Flash
  • Frankenstein, Agent of SHADE
  • Fury of Firestorm
  • Green Lantern
  • I, Vampire
  • Justice League
  • Justice League Dark
  • Justice League International
  • Legion Lost
  • Legion of Super-Heroes
  • Mister Terrific
  • O.M.A.C.
  • Static Shock
  • Stormwatch
  • Superboy
  • Supergirl
  • Superman
  • Swamp Thing
  • Teen Titans
  • Wonder Woman

So that's 31 of the 52 books I'll continue for now. Though admittedly some of them are on thin ice, I figure I'll at least wait out the first story arc on them. And of course this isn't a final cut list; if I decide later I want to read something I haven't ordered, I can always pick it up as a digital comic or wait for the trade.

(Another bonus to culling the list is that this is the lowest pre-order total I've placed in nearly three years, and my second lowest since I started using DCBS seven years ago. So thanks DC for making enough mediocre and crappy new comics to save me some $$$ !)

No comments: