Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Embarrassingly Late Review of DirtBoy #1

When I saw that DirtBoy #1 was on the Diamond shipping list for this week, I remembered that the fine folks at Moronik Comics had sent me a review copy several weeks ago. I read it at the time and intended on writing a short review, but it somehow slipped off the to-do list and I neglected to do so. To make matters worse, I went looking for the comic last night and I can't seem to find it (I have over 25,000 comics--these things happen some times!) I'm sure that it'll show up again at some point, but for now I'll try to do this from memory:

DirtBoy is one of the 'bad kids'--you know, the kids that your mother didn't want you associating with when you were young. As his name implies, DirtBoy is a little, um, lacking in the personal hygeine department. He also has violent tendencies, which come in handy when he's attacked by a patchwork zombie dog. The art is appropriately scruffy for this comic and tells the story fairly clearly. It was a bit too decompressed for my tastes, as I felt that at the end of the first issue I didn't really get much of what was going on. It's all done well enough, but I expected to like it more than I actually did.

Rating: 2.5 (of 5)

No comments: