Here are the Top 50 Graphic Novels on Amazon this afternoon. All the previous caveats apply.
1 (+1). Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw
2 (+1). Watchmen
3 (+1). Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules
4 (+1). Diary of a Wimpy Kid
5 (+1). Star Trek: Countdown TPB
6 (+2). Stephen King's Dark Tower: Treachery
7 (-6). Dilbert 2.0: 20 Years of Dilbert
8 (+5). Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
9 (+3). V for Vendetta
10 (+4). The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Volume 3: Century #1 *
11 (+7). Time of Your Life (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Season 8, Vol. 4) *
12 (+4). Batman: The Killing Joke
13 (-4). Mercy Thompson Homecoming *
14 (+20). Ignorance, Thy Name Is Bucky: A Get Fuzzy Collection
15 (+12). Batman: Arkham Asylum (15th Anniversary Edition)
16 (+3). Serenity, Vol. 2: Better Days
17 (N). The Joker
18 (+11). Wolves at the Gate (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season Eight, Volume 3)
19 (+12). The Complete Peanuts 1971-1972
20 (+3). The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Vol. 1
21 (N). The Complete Calvin and Hobbes
22 (-2). Batman: Year One
23 (-6). Blueberry Girl
24 (+12). Angel: After the Fall, Vol. 3
25 (+12). Persepolis: The Story of a Childhood
26 (N). Wolverine: Origin
27 (-16). The Perry Bible Fellowship Almanack
28 (-). The Sandman Vol. 1: Preludes and Nocturnes
29 (-14). A Drifting Life
30 (N). The Sandman Vol. 2: The Doll's House
31 (N). B.P.R.D. Volume 10: The Warning
32 (-). Serenity, Vol. 1: Those Left Behind
33 (-3). Dark Tower: The Long Road Home (Exclusive Amazon.com Cover)
34 (N). Naruto, Volume 43
35 (N). Weapon X (Wolverine)
36 (-14). Maus I: A Survivor's Tale: My Father Bleeds History
37 (-13). The Long Way Home (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Season 8, Vol. 1)
38 (+6). Understanding Comics: The Invisible Art
39 (-32). Secret Identity: The Fetish Art of Superman's Co-creator Joe Shuster
40 (N). The Gunslinger Born (The Dark Tower Graphic Novels, Book 1)
41 (-15). The Saturday Evening Pearls: A Pearls Before Swine Collection
42 (-17). Bone: One Volume Edition
43 (N). Deadpool Classic, Vol. 2
44 (-23). Batman: R.I.P.
45 (N). Batman: The Long Halloween
46 (-5). Marvel Zombies 3 *
47 (+2). No Future For You (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season Eight, Volume 2)
48 (-6). The Dresden Files: Welcome to the Jungle
49 (N). The Marvel Encyclopedia
50 (N). Watchmen (Absolute Edition)
Items with asterisks (*) are pre-order items.
* Amazon has debuted a couple of new features on their bestsellers charts: one is a green-up/red-down arrow--fairly useless since they don't indicate over what time frame the movement happens--and the other tells how long the book has been in the top 100, which gives some indication of staying power.
* The new Wolverine movie seems to have helped Marvel a bit down near the middle and bottom of the charts, with Wolverine: Origin hopping up onto the chart, Barry Windsor-Smith's Wolverine origin story Weapon X as well, along with a volume of Deadpool (who I believe is a character in the movie).
* Last week I wondered why the Perry Bible Fellowship Almanack had suddenly popped up on the rankings; mystery solved: I've since learned that on that very day, Cory Doctorow gave the book a very positive review over on BoingBoing, so it presumably got the BoingBoing bounce.
* Speaking of bounces, we now get an opportunity to see how the effects of various types of sales bounces can linger: The Huntress Year One collection, which saw a major bounce up to #1 when one person purchased a ton of copies, has now fallen completely off the charts. The Dilbert 20th Anniversary book, which last Friday was the featured Gold Box sales item, is still lingering up in the top ten. The Joe Shuster fetish book had an NPR bounce, and A Drifting Life had an New York Times bounce, and both are steadily falling down the charts.
* A lone volume of Naruto pops up onto the chart after being absent for a couple of weeks. Huh.