May is rapidly approaching, so it's time for the Sixth Annual Free Comic Book Month!
May 1 is Free Comic Book Day, but here at YACB one day isn't good enough. For the sixth straight year, we'll be giving away free comics every day of May!
That's right, free comics! Each day of May I'll pick someone to receive a free comic, taken from my personal collection: duplicates, things I have in trades, and other stuff. My goal is to match up people with a comic that they haven't read but that they may like. My tastes are wide and varied, so chances are I have a comic for you.
And by free I mean free. Really. No cost, no shipping & handling, all free.
Here's what you need to do to enter:
By email (firstname.lastname@example.org), send me the following:
* Your name
* Your postal address
* Titles of five comics that you like
* One other thing that you like (a book, a movie, an activity, etc.)
* Please include 'FCBM' in the subject line
That's it! For every day of May I'll choose at least one entry and try to match up that person with a comic, then I'll mail the comic to him or her. It's easy, and it's free!
(Note that once again this year I'm adding one more piece of entry data: something other than a comic that you like. I hope that this will make things a bit more interesting and help me better in fitting you with a comic.)
Last year I gave away 76 comics to 31 different people!
Of course, there are a few restrictions:
* You must be 18 or older (by entering you assert this to be true)
* You must live in the United States
* You may enter at any point during May, but only one entry per person.
And a little bit of fine print:
* Persons receiving comics are chosen by me, based on whether I feel I can provide a comic to you
* Even if you've entered in previous years, you're welcome to enter again
* I'll try my best, but there's no guarantee you'll actually like the comic I send
* All winners will be announced here on Yet Another Comics Blog (please let me know if you don't want your real name used)
* At least one winner will be selected each day, but it may take me a few days to get to the post office, so please be patient
* I will not use your address to spam you, nor sell or give your information to others
But wait, there's more!
Each person who has a free comic chosen for him/her will also receive a copy of the 2009 Halloween ashcan edition of either Popeye or Casper/Little Lulu or Star Wars. (Let me know if you have a preference, though no guarantees; and if I go overboard again his year and run out I may substitute something else.)
That's right, two free comics! How could you ask for anything more?
So what are you waiting for? Send in your entry today!