Monday, October 04, 2010

24 Hour Comics Day at the Dude was Awesome!

This past weekend we had our 24 Hour Comics Day event at the library in the Duderstadt Center. We began at Noon on Saturday and finished at Noon on Sunday. Thirty people participated, although not everybody stayed for the entire time. A majority of the participants were students in Phoebe Gloeckner's comics class at the Art School, and we had other students and people from the area as well. The youngest was 11-years-old. The oldest, well, at least as old as me. For almost everyone this was their first attempt to do something like this. And while not everyone completed twenty-four pages, or had the stamina to stick out the entire 24 hours, everyone had a great time and got an intense experience in comics creation.

Most awesomely for me, I was able to complete my 24 page comic! This was the first time I had attempted to draw anything resembling a comic since I was in junior high (over twenty-five years ago!) So I consider this quite a personal accomplishment. I'll be posting a scan of my comic soon...

We're planning to put together an anthology of works created at the event, but it will be a while before that is ready.

A big thanks to everyone who participated in our very first 24 Hour Comics Day at the library!

1 comment:

chikbabygurl said...

That sounds so awesome! I wish someone around here would put something together like that!