Monday, January 09, 2012

Stats Week: 2011 - A Year of Reading Comics

It's time for Yet Another Stats Week here at YACB!

To kick things off, here's a chart showing how many comics I acquired each week, and how many I read each day of 2011:


My comics week starts on Thursday, as that's when the weekly DCBS shipment usually arrives. Each individual item counts as a comic, whether it be a 22 page floppy or a 600+ page graphic novel opus. The 'Roll' column represents the total delta from when I started keeping track (Feb 2009).

The good news is that I read more comics in 2011 than in either of the previous two years (charts for 2009, 2010). The bad news is that I bought even more, and the net result was that I ended the year with more unread comics than I had at the beginning of the year. I mostly blame DC's New 52 and the 'buy everything' discount that DCBS offered that I took advantage of for Sept - Dec. I figure that was worth about 80-100 extra comics right there.

Hey look, graphs!

No comments: