Monday, May 09, 2005

FCBM Day 9

It's day nine of the YACB Free Comic Book Month!

Today's selected entry comes from Daniel Taylor, the Dreaded Purple Master. The five comics that Daniel listed are:

1. Ex Machina
2. Superman/Batman
3. Adam Strange
4. Green Lantern: Rebirth
5. Identity Crisis

As we can see, Daniel is a fan of recent DC comics. But maybe he'd like to try a couple of recent well-received Marvel comics, especially if they're free! So I'll be sending Daniel Black Panther #1 by Reginald Hudlin, John Romita, Jr. and Klaus Janson; and Young Avengers #1 by Allan Heinberg, Jim Cheung & John Dell.

Like all the selected entries, Daniel will also receive a copy of the 32-page Free Comic Book Day Preview Edition of Bone Sharps, Cowboys, and Thunder Lizards by Jim Ottaviani & Big Time Attic (Zander Cannon, Kevin Cannon and Shad Petosky).

Daniel's comics should be in the mail by the end of the week. Enjoy!

There's still time to send in your entry for the YACB Free Comic Book Month; details are here.

Current FCBM Statistics:
66 entries
29 free comics sent so far
22 days remaining

1 comment:

Daniel said...

I just realized I never thanked you for the comics. I did receive them, I did read them, and (although I had just sworn off Marvel after umpty-leven years due to "Sins Past") I enjoyed both of your selections. "Black Panther" is clearly the superior book, but "Young Avengers" is surprising in that it is so much better than I thought it would be.

"Bone Sharps, Cowboys, and Thunder Lizards", while it doesn't interest me as much, is well-told, although I'm not convinced it was necessary to go landscape-format to tell it. I would rather have had a page or two more story than a Photoshop tutorial, though.

Again, thank you!