Saturday, May 21, 2005

FCBM Day 21

It's day twenty-one of the YACB Free Comic Book Month!

Today's selected entry comes from James Arnoldi. The five comics that James listed are:

1. Superman (post-Crisis)
2. Kingdom Come
3. Justice League International
4. The Spectre (Ostrander)
5. New Gods (Kirby)

For James I have Blood of the Demon #1, the first issue of post-Crisis Superman architect John Byrne's version of Kirby's classic character (joined by Will Pfeifer & Nelson).

Like all the selected entries, James will also receive a copy of the 32-page Free Comic Book Day Preview Edition of Bone Sharps, Cowboys, and Thunder Lizards by Jim Ottaviani & Big Time Attic (Zander Cannon, Kevin Cannon and Shad Petosky).

James's comics should be in the mail early next week. Enjoy!


Current FCBM Statistics:
95 entries
64 free comics sent so far
10 days remaining

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I didn't pick up the Blood of the Demon because I've been so disappointed with Byrne's recent works and did not like that he has returned Etrigan to his pre-rhyming days. However, I keep thinking that maybe I should have given it a try since Byrne was one of my favorites back in his Superman reboot days and I know that Byrne is a big Kirby fan and has done some great reworkings of Kirby ideas in the past. I look forward to trying it!

Anonymous said...

I received the comic in the mail yesterday. Thanks again!